UPDATED: FEBRUARY 10, 2021 AT 1:00PM
“GET USED TO DIFFERENT.”
As the state of Ohio begins to open back up I am sure you have been wondering what that will look like for us as a church. I am excited to share with you the first phase of our plan to resume in-person ministry at Connect Church as we move forward. We have been praying, planning, and preparing for what we might do for a couple of weeks now. This passage in Philippians has been our driving motivation and the filter through which we are putting this decision-making process.
Philippians 2:1-5 NIV says, “Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus;”
Our prayer has been for this passage to be at the heart of our decisions as we move forward. We know that God’s highest priority and highest value is people. That is our highest value as a church as well and it always will be.
Take a look at this video where I explain our multi-phase approach to resuming in-person ministry at Connect Church:
WE ARE CURRENTLY IN PHASE 2
Learn more about our multi-phase plan to resume services, life groups, and more.
We are back to our regular 9am and 11am services.
• We will be offering a 9:00am Classic Service and 11:00am Modern Service. We need to adhere to CDC Guidelines and there are logistical and timing challenges to consider. The different service times will help us meet the needs of those challenges.
• Each service will be a “touchless” worship experience. No handouts, no need to touch door handles, and no offering baskets will be passed. Doors will open to the church 15 minutes before each service to allow for proper distancing and sanitation.
• Social distancing will be encouraged. Please refrain from handshakes and hugs. Our Welcome Team can assist in finding family group seating.
• Those who are vulnerable or feel sick should stay home. You accept the risk by attending our services.
• Nursery and Kids Ministries are only available during the 11am service, however, kids are welcome in our services at any time.
• No valet, hospitality or cafe’.
• Staff and volunteers will have face coverings/masks on and we encourage you to wear them as well.
• Sanitation will be happening between services and the restrooms will be cleaned during the services. Hand sanitizer will also be readily available.
• Life Groups will continue to meet online and in-person at the leader's discretion.
• Church office hours are back to normal, which are Monday-Thursday 8:30am - 4:30pm.
Connect Pre-K & K, Connect Kids, and Connect Youth have returned and will meet every Wednesdsay at 6:30pm.
All additional midweek ministries such as Bible Studies and Life Groups are welcome to return at this time as well. If you haven't joined a life group, now is a perfect time to jump in. You can click on the box below that says " Life Groups" to find the perfect group for you and your family now.
Bible studies are back in full swing as well! You can see all that's going on by clicking on "Bible Studies" in the box below!
Life is better connected.
STAY TUNED FOR INFORMATION ABOUT PHASE 3 AS WE MOVE FORWARD.
Questions or concerns?
If you’d like to share your thoughts, concerns, questions, and ideas with us as we navigate our response to this situation, we’d love to hear from you. Your input and feedback are truly important to us. Please email email@example.com with any questions or comments.